Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I think I CANyons

Last Saturday morning I joined approximately 50 other road cyclist on a ride to benefit homelessness in Salt Lake City. I was told about the ride from a co-worker and met up with her husband and rode the first half of the race with him. The ride was as follows; start at Barbacoa on Wasatch Blvd. ride up Little Cottonwood, up Big Cottonwood, up Millcreek, up Emigration and back to Barbacoa. 110 miles and 12000 vert. pretty big ride. So Logan flatted half way up Big and feeling the effects of a cold pulled out after two canyons. I put on the iPod and cranked up Slayer and I decided to Time Trial Millcreek, I have ridden this canyon quite a bid but never timed myself. I started at the fee station and it took me 52 min to the very top. Felt so good picking riders off. Passed about ten riders then I flatted halfway (stopped the clock and fixed my tyre) got passed by about ten riders. poop. Jumped back on and passed then all back. Killer. Felt real good. wouldn't last, I paid for the effort in Emigration canyon. I completed the ride and it was very gratifying. All in all it was 8 hrs in the saddle. Have not rode since. caught a cold and have had the not so fresh feeling lately. Good news though, met up with Jeffery Heal today, local Cache Valley MTBer. He is fast and has only raced one year. I might try and get some Cache Valley team together to better represent the Valley at ICUPS. talked with Mark at Wimmers and he is stoked. May look into Logan Race Club too. We shall see. More to follow. As soon as i figure out hw to download pics off my phone i will load some images onto the bloggy. Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Russ. Good luck with the team, that is a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete