Wednesday, September 16, 2009

one x nine

I have decided to do the I think I CANyons ride/race whatever it is. The USU MTB Race sounded pretty iffy, the orginizer is going out of town etc... plus I think I CANyons benefits homelessness and I think it is more of an accomplishment. 110 miles 12000 vertical. I do agree with my last post's commenter, road racers are, well, somethings wrong with them because they don't race MTB right? MTB racers are a lot more fun. Case in point. On one of the TNR group rides, (local group road rides) we got to the top of Blacksmith Fork Canyon. At the top there is a drinking fountain where we stop to fill up bottles and turn around. I dropped my bike and filled em up, turn around and there is this guy (it was a nice bike) asking someone to hold his bike while he filled up. What, come one, you can set down your bike (even if it is gentle). Bikes are made to be hammered, crashed, ridden hard and set down gently.
Last week I purchased the MRP one ring kit. First, I was bummed because my 44T ring would not fit. uh. So I am using my 32T, need to purchase a 38 or something to make it just right. Jury still out on this one, not sure if I am in love with it. I did drop some weight and the Scale is rocking the scales at 23 lbs.

Training rides are officially over. Riding for the rest of the year is just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment